October is well underway, and pumpkin season is in full swing! From pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin scented candles to pumpkin bread and pumpkin pies, fall is truly the season to enjoy pumpkin everything. While pumpkin is delicious and smells good, did you know that there are also many benefits to consuming it? Not only can you enjoy the goodness of pumpkin in your latte or in a morning muffin, but you can also enjoy it knowing that it is helping you and your body work the way it is supposed to!
Benefits of pumpkin include:
- It is nutritious! Not only is it rich in vitamin A, it also is hydrating as it is up to 94 percent water. One cup of cooked pumpkin also offers you three grams of fiber as well as other impressive nutritious benefits.
- Pumpkins are full of antioxidants such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin that help to neutralize free radicals and stop them from damaging your cells, including your skin and eyes.
- Pumpkin is loaded with nutrients that can boost your immune system, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, which are both vital in helping to fight off sickness and keep you healthy!
- Pumpkin is one of the highest sources of vitamins that help to protect your eyesight. While it is common for eyesight to diminish with age, you can help protect it by upping your intake of vitamin A, C, and E as well as lutein. Pumpkin is full of these things!
- Your heart health can be improved through consumption of vitamin C, potassium, and fiber, which are all found in pumpkin.
This pumpkin season, make sure that you are being proactive in taking care of yourself and your health! Enjoy some pumpkin, and remember to call Luminous You Massage to book a massage for added health benefits.