For years, massages have been highly associated with luxury spas. More recently, massages have been increasingly offered alongside of standard treatments for a variety of different conditions and circumstances.
Although there is a lot of preliminary research, much of the evidence points toward the beneficial effects of massage therapy on pain and other symptoms. So, what are the specific benefits of massage therapy?
- Eases Sore Muscles – Massages get to the root of the issue. If you have muscle pain or tension, consistent rubbing helps get to the root of consistent pain by relaxing muscles and increasing flexibility.
- Improves Posture – Poor posture can be one of the most common culprits of neck and back pain. When you get a massage, the muscles are loosened and joints have more freedom. This loosens up your back and allows for improved posture.
- Comfort – The Mayo Clinic states that “beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massages because it often produces feelings of caring, comfort and connection.” We have seen these results in our clients. One testimonial expresses the benefits with someone who is critically ill. “Rebekkah’s years of experience and knowledge were keys to my Aunt’s endurance” which ultimately helped bring comfort to their family.
According to the Mayo Clinic, studies have found massage therapy treatment can help in these areas of struggle:
- Digestive Disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Joint Pain
Although more research is needed to fully qualify the benefits of massages, massages can truly help you in a variety of circumstances.
At Luminous You Massage, we are in the business to promote relief, relaxation, and well-being. Not only will you walk away with tension relief, but you will also feel refreshed and relaxed. Give us a call to book an appointment today!