It’s an age-old question: “Would you rather lose your taste or smell?” While food is certainly flavorful and can be relaxing, there are scientific arguments pointing to the benefits of your sense of smell. You can likely tell whether a scent is good or bad when you walk in a place, and good scents are likely to keep you coming back! At Luminous You Massage, we offer aromatherapy in several of our massage sessions. Aromatherapy is a treatment that uses the oils from natural plant extracts such as lavender or peppermint to promote your health and overall wellbeing. This massage is designed to help improve your body, mind, and spirit and therefore your mental and physical health. During aromatherapy massages, the masseuse focuses everything around your favorite scent. From the choice of your essential oil to the massage, you are sure to feel more relaxed and clear-headed after your massage.
Aromatherapy has many benefits, including:
- Easing your stress, anxiety, and depression
- Increasing feeling of relaxation
- Improved sleep habits
- Improving the quality of life for people with long-term health conditions, such as dementia
- Reducing certain types of pain, including pain from kidney stones and osteoarthritis
- Fight bacteria when essential oils are on your skin
- Ease some of the side effects of cancer treatment, like nausea and pain
- Boosting your mood
- Reducing and improving chronic headaches and migraines
- Improving circulation
To schedule your aromatherapy massage today, please get in touch with us! There are many benefits, so do not delay taking a step toward living a healthier life.